ABOUT THIS COURSE
Lost opportunities and lack of foresight can be traced back to a crisis of imagination. Imagination is a visual capability.
This course is an innovative approach to learning creativity; how to expand thoughts, make ideas visible and ultimately how to move from imagination into creativity in order to see new possibilities. It gives participants tangible strategies for activating ideas. It aligns the thinker with practice; from ideation, through incubation and into demonstration for realisation.
- Re-Vision of imaginnate
Sum total of part of the Visual Learning/ Imagination paradigm.
- Imagination vs Creativity vs Innovation
Teaching strategies to develop knowledge in understanding the distinction between being imaginative, being creative, being innovative.
- Divergent vs Convergent Thinking
Distinguishing between: Creative and rational thinking. Expansive and deductive reasoning.
- The Possibility Principle
Learning to imagine beyond what looks possible (deductively) using metaphor.
- The 7 da vincian Principles
“Learn how to see, realise everything connects with everything else” Leonardo vs Vinci
- The Basics of Design Thinking
- The CREATIVE/ IDEATION Process
- The CREATIVE/ IDEATION Practice
Comprehensive understanding of:
- Teaching strategies to develop knowledge in understanding the distinction between being imaginative, being creative, being innovative.
- Participate in updating knowledge in creative thinking as practice targeted at professional needs.
- Teaching strategies in creative thinking to distinguish between divergent thinking, lateral thinking, imagination and creative thinking while contrasting these processes with vertical thinking, deductive reasoning and convergent thinking.
- Effective verbal and non-verbal strategies to support an understanding of how to think outside of the box.
- Update knowledge to help oneself while encouraging students to see more of what is possible by switching to metaphor.
- Use relevant teaching strategies to develop skills in creative thinking including visualisation.
|NUMBER PER CLASS||20|
|COST PER PARTICIPANT||$380|
|This course is taught at imagineer.me in Pyrmont but can also be taught at your school premises by appointment.
Contact +61 2 8006 8020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Discounts apply for all courses run as an In-Service or In-School Workshop.
Participants are provided with:
- The Creative/Ideation WorkBook
- Strategies to take away and work on