ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course provides pedagogical strategies for using visuals for external communication and the internal synthesisation of processing/decoding information. Participants learn how the brain likes to see, sort, clump and find patterns in order to find meaning.
This course V3_Visual Mapping – Making Thoughts Visible takes participants through a practice of learning to visually command two main processes: One is to receive external information and synthesise it visually; the other function is to create visual communication so that others may “get a better picture” which aids comprehension.
- Re-Vision of the visual system
The visual system and its relationship to critical thinking.
- What is Visual Thinking
Looking at the expansion of ideas.
- Big Picture vs Detailed Thinkers
Putting seeing, sorting, clumping and pattern finding into practice.
- Visual Mapping (External)
Pedagogical strategies for using visuals in external communication. Verbal to visual.
- Visual Mapping (Internal)
Pedagogical strategies for using visuals as internal communication (synthesisation); visual to verbal.
Comprehensive understanding of:
- Using internal information (thoughts/ideas) and translating them to visuals.
- Verbal and non-verbal strategies to support student participation using a range of techniques from hand drawing visual maps to engaging with digital software to visualising information.
- Practice targeted at making thoughts visible and utilising techniques to present information visually in order to increase student understanding and engagement.
- Receiving verbal information and translating it into visual narrative (external to visual)
- Synthesisation of information from an external source for comprehension and communication.
|NUMBER PER CLASS||20|
|COST PER PARTICIPANT||$350|
|This course is taught at imagineer.me in Pyrmont but can also be taught at your school premises by appointment.
Contact +61 2 8006 8020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Discounts apply to all courses run as an In-Service or In-School Workshop
Participants are provided with:
- The Visual Mapping WorkBook
- Strategies to take away and work on