ABOUT THIS COURSE
This course develops a fundamental understanding of the psychological barriers we put in front of ourselves that inhibit our ability to imagine different possibilities. The programme lays the foundation to develop Critical Thinking skills in a fun, visual and dynamic way. It threads Critical Thinking into Creative Thinking.
Teachers learn the Growth vs Fixed Mindset from a creative point of view as well as bias, illusion and neuroscientific mechanisms such as neuroplasticity. This course is designed to begin a process of awareness around creative blocks in order to ultimately move past them.
- Re-Vision of the visual system
The visual system and its relationship to imagination
- The brain was designed to be non creative.
Why the brain prefers order, logic, reason and certainty
- What we see and why we see it.
Illusions: visual illusions versus cognitive illusions
- Thinking Fast and Slow
A new look at the way our minds work, and how we make decisions
- Concrete vs Flexible Thinking
How past events shape our belief in what is possible and how to override limiting scripts that inhibit imagination
Comprehensive understanding of:
- The visual system and its relationship to imagination
- How we block our capacity to be imaginative
- How to see and nurture creativity in students
- Practical techniques for slower, more expansive thinking
- How to get out of our own way
- Process Driven Brain vs Imaginative Brain Network
|NUMBER PER CLASS||20|
|COST PER PARTICIPANT||$350|
|This course is taught at imagineer.me in Pyrmont but can also be taught at your school by appointment.
Contact +61 2 8006 8020 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Discounts apply to all courses run as an In-Service or In-School workshop.
Participants are provided with:
- The Blind Thinking WorkBook
- Strategies to take away and work on